4/27/09

A Weekend Mishap (Katie's new do...lol)

Look what my daughter did to her beautiful curly hair!! Last night while I was gone with my teens to attend Youth Fireside, my daughter Kaitlin decided to play beauty shop and cropped off the hair on the left side of her head. Apparently she decided she needed a hair cut and since no one was available to give her what she wished, she decided to take that job upon herself. When I came home last night, I thought something didn't look right on her. And that was when I noticed that practically half of the hair on the left side of her head had been cut off.

When I asked her what happened to her hair, she flat out told me the truth, that she cut her hair. Not only did she cut that side off, but she also trimmed off the bottom part of her hair....looks too perfect a cut for a 2 1/2 yr. old to pull that off. I have my suspicions about this hair cut but so far no one has admitted to anything and she was very adamant that she cut it herself.

I know I know, you're looking at me and probably screaming at me about how and where she got the scissors from. I honestly can't say where she got a hold of that thing. I have my stuff put away but I guess it's not really out of her reach. Yeah, that's part of my Neglectful Parent Syndrome confession that I was going to come clean with on Friday but didn't get around to. In my defense I can honestly say that she wasn't on my watch when this happened. I left her in the capable hands of my hubby..the sperm donor...who's supposed to be watching her while I was gone. After all I was only fulfilling another part of my mommy duty by taking my teens to Youth Fireside and attending the fireside as part of my calling.

I'm a bit bummed about this because her hair has finally gotten to the point where I can french braid it and she went and did that. She has such beautiful curls....(sighs deeply). Now my dilemma is trying to figure out how to fix the other side to match the side she cut off but do it in a way that she doesn't come off looking like a boy.

This is what other side looks like. Poor beautiful curls...oh well.



This is a picture of her before her haircut. Her hair was long enough that I could put it in pony tail, braid it and just at the point where I can french braid it.

Here she is again with her lopsided hair-do..lol. Look how proud of herself she is of her accomplishment...ahahah. She doesn't seem too bothered by the fact that her hair looks absolutely ridiculous and lopsided....sheeesh. Now, I'm kinda curious and need some input from any of you...how would you go about fixing this problem? Do I just chop the other side off to make it even or do I just leave her hair the way it is now? I know if I do cut off the other side to match them up, she will come off looking like a boy...can you imagine the stink eye people are going to give me once they see her? Those who know me will think I'm too cruel to do that to my daughter...the ones who don't know me will think I'm one of those weird moms who go around dressing their boys up in girls' clothing..lol.

Anyhooo, this is my little ramble for this beautiful Monday morning. I need to get off now and go outside and sit in the sun for a while...we've been having rainy and cloudy weather more than the usual for Hawaii that I actually miss the sun. But before I go, let me direct you to the Mormon Mommy Blogs for some great give-away prizes. Just click here to take you there or scroll to the very top of this blog and read my directions on how to get you there.

Mahalo and God bless!!

10 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Oh girl, I am so feeling for you! I have had this done more times than I can count. I have had people tell me that I need to get a lockbox for my scissors because my determined children will climb wherever they need to get to the scissors. She is still beautiful, though!

Anjeny said...

Aw Julie, thanks. I was thinking that since this is my last child, I've learned from past mistakes, every single one of the other kids had given themselves hair cut or their siblings did it to them, that this one child for sure will get away with not a single mishap...eheheh, guess that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks girl for the compliment and kind word. It's really a great feeling when someone else can relate with what one's going through.

Ter said...

see if you can get some advice from a local hairdresser, and put her hair in bows and barrettes so she doesn't look like a boy. Surely something can be done to keep her feminine. Too bad she had to do that though.

Anjeny said...

Ter...it's soo good to see you again. How are you doing? I've missed you.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely keep that in mind. I am with ya too, it's just too bad she did that.

Lisa said...

Oh my, thankfully I've never had that problem. I can't offer you any advice. :(

val of the south said...

I really can't believe my kids never did this, as I totally suffer from NPS.

My opinion is leave it and call it asymetrical! She's so darn cute, she can pull it off!

Anjeny said...

2busy...thank you! Lucky you!!

Val..I honestly thought since it happened to the other six, this wouldn't happen to this one but like always, bad luck follows me around. She does kinda look cute with her looking like that, maybe it's something that grows on people. Her siblings are teasing her about it but they actually thought it looks cute on her so like you said, she may be able to pull it off. You are one lucky lady!!

Thanks ladies for the comments.

Gran Denny said...

Anjeny, I'm so sorry but I just laughed and laughed as I read this post. It doesn't really matter what you decide to go with, she is still going to look absolutely adorable.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh no! Well....it's just hair and it will grow back. It's heartbreaking though!!!

Eliza said...

Luckily my kids have not done this (yet). I think you're going to have to even it out. Just get some bows to stick in there, like when she was a baby. Good luck!