When I smiled and kindly responded to my 2nd grader's teacher that I will talk to my son, what I meant to say and should've said was....
"You do not go straight to the principal's office to get them to do something about my son without consulting with me first. If you are so concerned about him like you said you did, why the heck didn't you call me or send me a note? Hell, you have my home, cell, my hubby's cell and work numbers, three of my friends's home and cell numbers....shit, you even have my MIL's home and cell phone numbers and she lives in another state, I'd damn well give you my parents' phone number if they were still alive and the school could afford to have you call long distance, why the heck didn't you call me? Seriously, how hard is it to get a hold of me when you practically have all those numbers within your fingertips?
You have a problem with my son, call me for heaven's sake. Don't say you've been meaning to get a hold of me and then go whining to the principal's office about my son. And another thing, stop comparing my son to his older sister who was in your class a few years ago. I get it, she was a good student, very obedient and happens to like you and your class, that doesn't mean my son will be the same way. Just cuz they come from the same two parents doesn't mean they will act the same way.
And while we're at it...maybe you're just too boring for my son to sit in your class and listen to your monotonic voice for six hours of the day, ever think about that? Sheesh, all I wanted to do was to get a class list to make some valentine treats for the kids and you had to go to all whiny on me...ever heard of the right time and place for everything?"
Now, it's your turn, hit up Chief at her place and play along.

2 comments:
Oh I so get you on this one! I was the kid who followed up behind a terror of a brother and I wasn't given a chance to succeed! It goes both ways and it is SOOOOO frusterating!
A simple email would suffice too... why couldn't she do that?
THANKS FOR PLAYING ANJENY!!!
YOu are awesome
Oh, that was good! Do you feel better venting?
Post a Comment