Like I've mentioned before, we don't do an all-out birthday party unless it's one of those milestone birthdays. As a tradition we started after kid number five come into the picture was that they get to pick their favorite food and mom prepared a special dinner for them. And it has to be something that we don't eat on a regular basis. Of course the rule was, once a kid requested a type of food, let's say meatloaf, which is a favorite of all of theirs, the next kid cannot request that for his or her birthday in the same year. (A little clever clause mom put in there so she gets to eat practically all the food she likes to eat for the year...LOL.)
So for Chris' special dinner, he asked me to pick it our for him and I chose pot roast, with all the trimmings. And of course, the special dinner would absolutely don't turn out good without Steph's homemade creation of a cake. (She's the baker in the family.) Chris spent the day before his birthday, hanging out at the mall with his friends and on his birthday, he was dubbed King for the day. Which means, he's excused from any chores and he gets to do whatever he wants for the day and everyone can wait on him. (Cool deal uh?)
Here he is on his special day...
We had a couple of unexpected visitors that night. Yep, the missionaries showed up and mom pulled them in to the be entertainment people that night...LOL. Oh yeah, don't pay attention to the back of that head in the picture...that was Step trying to see the reaction on Chris' face to see how he liked his cake. All in all, it was a great day...the roast turned out great and everyone had indigestion that night....ahahah, kidding.
Two nights before that...my son Joey participated in our Ward annual Cub Scout Derby Race. I tell ya, he was soo excited to be in the race that everyday after school for two weeks, that was all he talked about and as soon as Kev gets home from work, Joey's pulling out the door so they can go into the garage to build his car. (I think dad had more fun making the car himself.) They worked really hard to make the car just the way they wanted.
I took a lot of pictures that night but I'm not going to post all of them on here today, we'll be here all day. I put the last four races on here...first, the final four, then the final three and then the final two. My son's car is the white one that's leading the race.Here is his car again...in first place, again. Look at it go!
Now, it's down to the last two, it's a bit of a close race but as you can see my son's car is first, again! Yes, I do sound like I'm bragging and I'm not going to be ashamed to admit that. He and his dad worked really hard on his car, he even fell asleep a couple of times in the garage from his exhaustion...eheh. (I wish I had thought to take picture of him sleeping in there, it was soo cute. And no, we didn't leave him in there all night.)
Here they are...the whole troop from our ward.The three squatting are the first, second and third place winner...from left to right. Look how happy they are. So my son's car came in first, the boy in the middle's came in second and the boy with the red shorts' car came in third. (Notice how my son is not wearing his uniform and not all the boys' uniforms are in coordination? LOL...that's how we roll here in Hawaii..anything goes...no care the uniform brah, we go wear the slippahs and we do good, yeah! LOL. I am so not good at this slang.)
Here's the winner! Now he gets to go to the Makaiki derby that will be coming up in the next few months where all the troops from Hawaii get to compete. Last year, he won second place from our ward and he went to the Makaiki and competed...his car won first place for our district. Anyways, he looks really anxious to dig into his bag of goodies in this picture so I will let him go for now...lol.
Anyways, I am just so proud of my boys. Even when they are pushing my buttons, trying to see how far they can push mom to her lose her temper, they sure add meaning to my life. I hope y'all enjoy this little bit of bragging I feel for my boys.
I ♥ you, Chris and Joey!! Thanks for being part of my family. And thanks y'all for reading....hope you're day is a good one. God bless!!

1 comment:
First place, that's awesome! He must have been so proud.
That is a great cake. I'm a pretty basic cake decorator. Make a box mix, then slop on the frosting.
Post a Comment