It was THE perfect night...we had it at Swirl's house. All the kids were out of the house, her older boys were sent to a Ward activity while the youngest son was taken to my house to be watched by the daughter. And the food...it was absolutely delicious.
Here we are...Swirl and I in her kitchen getting the food ready before the hubs showed up.
We had Argentinian steak with Jasmine rice which our friend Isabelle, before she left for the concert, was kind enough to prepare for us, the seasoning at least. And I made stir-fry Zucchini to go with the main dish.Oh, we totally went out with this dinner date. Each of us had an assignment: our friend Isabelle was in charge of the main dish, the steak and the Jasmine rice, I was in charge of making a stir-fry zucchini to go with the main dish...for appetizers, I made spinach/pastry wheel and Swirl made her famous specialty drink called Lime Slushy. And for dessert, we made brownie which was cut in heart shaped and topped with vanilla ice-cream squirted with some chocolate syrup. Yum!!!
First suitor who showed up was my hubby...as soon as he walked in the door, Swirl gave him the drink and told him to have a seat, put up his feet, relax and enjoy the drink. See the look on his face? He couldn't believe his good fortune, u know to be pampered by two gorgeous babes...ahahahah. (Of course, I have to confess to him that while he's at work, once a month I played the role of fine dining cook...LOL..I think he actually gave me an incredulous look that said exactly, "and why haven't I seen any result of that cooking? LOL...kidding.)
Then came Swirl's hubby. She gave the drink and told him the same thing she told my hubby, to relax and enjoy his drink, that dinner will be served in five minutes. Of course we gave them the appetizers to hold them over til dinner is ready.
Here we are showing off our finished products and taking turn serving our hubbies their dinner.I think Swirl and I might have overdone it a little because my hub was still holding his breath wondering what am I up to and how much that was gonna cost him and the first thing that came out of Swirl's hubby's mouth was: "I feel like we've been set up." How rude!! We did a great thing and they had suspicions. Of course, Swirl and I were in such good mood, so proud of our accomplishments, we even decided to play along and feed on their suspicions that after we finished eating I looked over at Swirl and said; "should we tell them now?"
Both hubbies threw their hands up in the air and declared, "we knew it, you girls were up to something!" Ahahahah...it was really fun teasing them like that. Of course, we had to reassure them that we were joking. We really did want them to have a great night and all that month's preparation to put together that night was a way to show how much we love them and appreciate all they do for us. After which, Swirl brought out a game of Sequence for us to play for the rest of the evening. I know, I was enjoying the evening so much I forgot to continue taking pictures. We had a great time...my hubby was so impressed and enjoyed himself so much he couldn't stop talking about it. Every time anyone asked him what we planned to do for Valentine's day he'd tell them, my wife treated me to a wonderful dinner and of course, he would recount in detail of our fun night.
Swirl and I are planning for more of these fun date nights....hopefully our other cooking partner and her hubby will be able to make it next time. I do look forward to more of this kinda dates. Thanks Swirl and hubby for the use of your home and for a great night. Thanks hub for being a great sport and for cancelling meetings and other obligations for that night to spend it with me.

3 comments:
Oh how sweeeeet. It is so fun to see all of you. WAAAAHH! You guys look lovely. Both of you have such long hair now. And the dinner looks divine. They probably thought you were going to tell them you guys were pregnant. hee hee
Loved this post.
Aww thank Crash. I guess this post must be too lovey dovey, no one is interested in it..lol.
I have to LOL at the pregnant comment. You know my hubby would be in elation if I were to tell him I was pregnant. Maybe Brian might, I don't know. I think they were more suspicious about what little crafty ideas we may have come with it that might cost them money..why are men such sting bob when it comes to money? Boggles the brain....you'd think they'd accept that that is the way of things..they make the money and their wives spend it..ahahah. Sooooo good to see ya or should I say your fingerprint.
Hey, what if I want to be invited to one of these fun date nights? My hub would love it if he didn't have to spend money or go anywhere.
Looks like you guys had a fun time.
Post a Comment