I just heard the funniest thing tonight while I am sitting here reading Crash's most recent post. Six of my kids are sitting in the living room doing their own stuff, one on the phone, another one visiting with her friend who came over, another one is playing on an ipod, another one playing quietly in her little corner, and two playing XBox 360.
The kid whose friend is over, my second daughter, was chatting away quietly when all of a sudden my oldest daughter who was on phone must have heard what the second daughter was talking to her friend when she blurted out and said,
"MOM, you should see Jen's stomach."
"What's wrong with her stomach?", I asked.
"Her stomach is sooooo skinny," {she tried to shape her sister's body with her hand}
"it's completely flat and you can see her ribs sticking out. It's like she's anorexic or something."
To which the second daughter agreed completely.
"How can she be anorexic if she eats all the time?", I asked.
Second daughter responded. "That's because everything I eat goes straight to these", pointing at her thighs.
Second son, who was playing on the XBox turned to his sister.
"You know you should tie something on your thigh so when the food comes down to your thigh that stuff would push the food right back up to your stomach."
That cracked everybody up.
This is my eleven year old son who often says the weirdest and funniest thing.
The funny thing about him is that he wasn't trying to be funny and when he tries to seriously input his view or ideas on things, it comes out really funny. Of all the kids, he's the one who always takes things seriously, always the last one to get the joke. When you tell funny joke, everyone will be laughing but not him...he always have this puzzle look on his face and it usually takes a few days after rolling the joke over and over in his head before he would figure out the punchline to the joke.
One example....There was this restaurant/shop two towns away from our house called Crouchin' Lion. The reason it's called that was because up on the mountain background, there's a rock formation at the very top of the mountain that look like a lion crouching down looking over the valley.
So, one day, the kids and I were making one of biweekly trip to town (Honolulu) and as we were approaching the place, I slowed down and said......
"Hey kids, can you look out the right window and see if you can find the lion that they named this place after? There's suppose to be a lion up there", I said pointing to the top of the mountain.
All seven pairs of eyes strained their eyes out the windows to see who can spot the lion first. About ten seconds later excited voices yelled out, "there it is, up there!!" pointing in the right direction.
The older kids have helped out the three youngest by pointing to the right direction.
My poor son #2 blurted out, "I don't see any lion. Where is this lion?"
"Up there!" son #3 pointed out.
"I still don't see it. There's not lion up there, you guys made that up."
"It is there, you're just too blind to see it," said daughter #2.
"All I saw was just the mountain and a rock up there", he insisted.
{By then we had already passed up the place.}
Poor kid kept insisting that he didn't see any lion where we said there was one. That caused quite some debate for the next 20 minutes.
After a the kids quieted down and each went on to their own things. Some of them even took a nap.
Son #2 stayed up the whole time looking out the window with some serious thinking showing on his face.
Well, we got to town, met up with my hubby, had some dinner and then a movie.
It wasn't until we were returning home and approaching Crouchin' Lion that I figured out what the problem was, why son #2 was the only one who couldn't see the rock formation that shaped like a lion. I mean, even my six year old was excited once he discovered what I was pointing out to them.
Son #2, the whole time the other kids were looking and pointing out to the rock formation and figuring out the shape the formation has, he was looking for a REAL lion.
See, that's how he is. He takes everything people say literally. He couldn't figure out that I wasn't talking about a real lion that I was actually pointing out rock formation that shaped like a lion.
The next day when I told him that, he was red in the face and admitted...
"Well, I thought you said there was a real lion up there but there wasn't."
It was really hard to hold all that laughter in. But I didn't want to make him feel bad so I waited til I was in my bedroom that I broke down laughing.
I know, kinda cruel of me to laugh at him like that.
Actually that was the biggest relief for me because for a long time I thought he was the slowest mentally speaking. I don't want to say that he's stupid because that's too strong a word but I did worry that he might be on the slow side, if you know what I mean. But after that incident, I know that it's not that he's stupid or something, he just takes things literally...he's too serious that he doesn't get the joke until way later after he's had time to take apart the joke line by line til he gets the punchline.
Just thought I'd share that tonight.
P.S. I practically spent all day playing. Early on this morning I went to a baptism and later on I went to a retreat for daughter #2's choir. After that, when I got home, I went to Pounder's Beach with hubby, two of my sons and my little Princess Katie. I spent the time snoozing, reading and singing "rain rain go away" with my little girl. When we got back to the house again, I gave her a bath and we took a nap. After the nap, which from about 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., I got up, get put some chicken to bake in the oven, have my second daughter watch while I went to my card exchange. I had a really great time, Laura did a really great job on her demo. Now I am sitting here and it's almost eleven o'clock p.m. "blogging my brains out" as Crash would word it. It was nice to actually spent a day like this and I should feel quilty that I didn't do any of my household chores but I'm not.
1/10/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG!!!! hahahahahahhahahaha. this is so funny! your kids are the cutest! especially daughter number 2! i mean shes in choir! how cool is that! you should put more posts about her!!!
-awesomness! ;)
Post a Comment