1/17/09

Unbelievable!!

I just came back from the Doctor's Office with my baby. We spent over three hours just waiting for the doctor to have a look at her. Provided it was a squeezed in appointment but usually the longest we ever had to wait before was an hour.

I guess it must've been because of the day of the week or something. Heck we waited two hours in the reception area and when we finally got called into the doctor's office, we had a whole hour to wait before my daughter was finally seen by the doctor. And then the doctor showed with peanut butter on his fingers and between his teeth..ewww, so gross.

Honestly, doesn't the guy ever heard of mouth rinse? I mean he had us waiting for an hour for him because he was eating his peanut butter sandwich? Why didn't he rinse his mouth out first then?

So what did my baby need to see the doctor for, you ask? I'll tell ya. She stuck a couple of plastic earring backing in BOTH of her ears, not just one but BOTH!! Sheeesh!!! I have no idea how long those things have been in her ears.

She was sticking her finger in her ears last night and saying, "itchy, mommy, itchy."

When I shone a flashlight in her ear, I could see the stuff in there. We happen to have one of those ear thingies they have at the doctor's office so when I checked her ear with that, I could see the stuff in there, lodged so deeply into her ears.

So that's why we ended up at the doctor's office on a Saturday morning of all days.

{Half the day was practically gone.}

Honestly, seven kids and this one is the first one who ever stuck something in her ears. Just when I thought I just might be lucky and not experience such a dramatic thing, it happened.

{I don't know how she manage to get into my stuff. I swear I am totally running out of high places to put my stuff.}

The nurse had to spray some solution in her ears to wash the thing out. It didn't take very long the stuff to come out of the left ear but the right ear, she had to keep flushing that little object out at least five times, I lost count. But I'm glad that both objects are out. There was a lot of ear-splitting scream from my daughter but once the thing was out and the nurse gave her stickers, she was all happy again.

So now we're home and she's playing with the brothers. I doubt she'll want to try putting anything in her ear again.

Which reminds me, today is Saturday, major deep cleaning for my family and half my day is gone already. I can't believe I'm actually sitting here on the computer blogging and the sun is shining brightly outside.

Oh yeah, the so called storm that got everyone running around Thursday getting prepared for, that supposed to hit yesterday, that school was canceled for never happen. I gotta say, that has got to be the best storm ever, the sun was shining, not even a breath of storm in sight. It rained last night but not enough to cause worry. And now the sun is out today, hotter than ever.

{Hmmmmm, I wonder why I am not outside enjoying the sun or at the beach? Good question, I will definitely go gather up my kids and go to the beach, screw the deep cleaning...LOL.}

Yep, I can't believe I am sitting here blogging when the sun is beckoning me to go play with him today. I wonder if there's a cure for this blog addiction of mine. Well, more like blog stalking. I could literally spend hours not just reading other people's posts but all the comments in their comment boxes. How sick is that? I need a doctor.

Wonder if there's a place where blog addicts meet once a week like AA meeting, where bloggers take turn standing up and say,

"Hi, I'm a mormon mommy and I'm addicted to blogging."?

3 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I think we should start a Mormon Mommy bloggy rehab. A 12 step program or a support group or something. hee hee

Sorry about your crazy day!

springrose said...

I totaly agree with the blogging AA meetings. I too have to read all the comments, even on Crashes shite, and she always has a ton! I have to limit myself to only 1 hour a day or nothing gets done! Love the post, wish I was near a beach, I live in Idaho and it was only 30 degrees here today for a high! Not so fun! April

Anjeny said...

I think we will have the best time at these rehab places Crash and Rose. I mean, instead getting cure from the blog addiction, we will actually be recruiting more bloggers.
Primrose, thanks for stopping by. Crash, it's always good to see you.