1/13/09

Yay!!!

Today is the first day the kids go back to school after a looooong three weeks break. I am giddy with excitement.

Is it a bad thing to be happy that my kids are back in school?

Shouldn't I suffer some seperation attack or something?

Well, hummp, no...yes?...oh heck NO!!

I am finally getting some peace and quiet. I mean hey, six hours the kids are going to be in school. I am finally taking total control of the computer now, I can blog to my heart's content, well, not posting actually, more like stalking, ahahah.

So hey, I was sooo happy that the kids, six of them actually, are back in school today that I was not even grumpy when I was awaken so early this morning after staying up late last night to take high schoolers to Seminary.

So, now that everyone is gone except for my baby, I'm going to blog for a little while, catch up on all my email, respond to whatever needed responding, then I'll get off and read all the books my toddler wants me to read to her and then do some laundry.

Oh don't get me wrong, I still don't care very much for laundry, that's why I'm only doing "some"..not all..lol. It's sad really, I have friends who even if housekeeping is not their thing, still find at least a household chore they find a liking to. Me? I am still waiting for when that day will come. Ok so I kind of find cleaning bathroom to be more satisfying but it is not my team's (I'll post on how this team thing work next time) week.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I get tooo stressed out, will I be able to find some kind of household chore I would actually find a liking to? Like how making home-made greeting cards a very liberating and satisfying stress relief? Will I ever get to the point where I will not dread housekeeping so much?

Did I mention that I just can't stand house cleaning? Not that I'm a pig or anything. I do love a clean house and I do get into those cleaning streak mood but it's not very consistent. I mean I love the feeling I get when I actually clean the house and everything look so neat, in order, and clean that I just can't help but to bask in the glory of it. But then on the downside is that I get really grumpy and crouchy when I clean up, I don't want the kids to touch this or do that, they will just make more mess for me. Neurotic isn't it?

But enough about that. Today's post is not about my dislike to house cleaning. It's about six whole hour of peace and quiet and having complete control of every entertainment equipment in the house.

With that said, I am gonna take myself off and do some major net surfing. Toodles!!

8 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

HIGH FIVE! I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR. Your cheers, I mean. I can hear you from here. Your cheers are so loud.

On the other hand, I can't really hear you because MY cheers are so loud.

Isn't it wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Your verifier says cheam. It's a cheam come true.

Anjeny said...

I am so happy I can actually do the back hand spring whatchimacalit you post about last time although I've NEVER ever in my life tried gymnastic.
Ever heard of a mom sooo elated at having her kids back in school after a long Christmas vacation? ahahah..oh well, who cares, I'm happy nonetheless. It's not going to be permanent this giddy happy phase that the kids are back in school so I'm gonna totally enjoy it while it last.
I'm sure you're basking in ur IL-42days-free day and no kids underfoot. I think I even saw you cartwheeling outside the townhouses, that was you, wasn't it? LOL

Anjeny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather peck said...

yay!! i get to read your blog, which makes hawaii not seem as far away, we can keep in better touch with blogs and facebook, yay, i am so happy to reconnect with you!

Anjeny said...

Yay!! This is even better, I not only can keep an eye on u on facebook, I get to see you here too..wooohooo.

LBBlum said...

Hey- I think it is funny we are all happily blogging about kids back at school!

I've done 2 out of three bathrooms today! yippee!

um- I didn't know you hated housecleaning so much.

I realized I actually don't hate it - if I can do it undisturbed... but what bothers me is when it is UNDONE 5 minutes after I clean it.

anyway
love you blogging
you are too funny!

Anjeny said...

Yeah, I loathe it..lol. Well, I guess it's not the doing that I actually loathe, cuz once I started I don't want to stop, it's more the time leading up to it and then the constant interruption in between and of course the 5 or so minutes afterwards that the work becomes undone again. I love cleaning bathrooms mainly because it's small and the result is instantaneous for me. At least the sparkle stays on for a little while longer than the other parts of the house stay neat.
I find organizing to be actually a gratification thing to do if I actually have a spot and home for everything.

Anjeny said...

Oh yeah, it's funny that I am not the only one who is happily blogging about the kids back in school...isn't that terrible? lol
I'm sure my kids are even more excited to be back in school and away from their crazy mom..lol