These last few days I've done nothing but surf the net blogging and reading other people's posts. It's fun but at the same time very time consuming and distracting. I find it very hard to tear myself away from the computer. I hung out mostly at Crash's site, reading her posts and comments on her comment box and of course commenting here and there.
Last week she announced her million dollar idea about jog/blogging across America like Tom Hanks did in the movie Forrest Gump. Well, that idea was so intriguing that all of her friends jumped on board with requests of songs to play on the trip {virtual trip, if you missed my earlier meaning} and other things they would love to do. Crash then posted about first kiss stories that the blog stalkers/lurkers of her site and even from other sites started coming out of the woodwork to tell of their first kiss moments. The comment box was so loaded of first kiss stories, some short, and some not so short, that she had to make a follow-up post about the first kiss stories with some highlighted bloggers with pictures of themselves and their first kiss. Turns out that some of her closest blog friends/followers didn't get a chance to comment about their first kiss stories because they were too long for the comment box and of course the comment box was always full of comments so these friends are posting about their first kiss stories.
I've had a chance to read those posts and I gotta say they are really good stories. These ladies really know how to tell a story. Did I tell my first kiss story, you ask? I did, but got chickened out and deleted it but not before Crash read it on her email but lucky for me, she didn't post it..lol.
So, is this going to be a post about my first kiss? Are you kidding me?
A couple of my kids read this blog. You want me to make them think that their dad wasn't the only man I ever kissed and that he wasn't actually the first man I kissed?
That's what I thought.
What is this post about? inquiring minds want to know. It is as the title said..random thoughts.
Back to my post if you would kindly let me finish and stop interrupting with your constant questions. So that jog/blog across America that Crash is heading..actually driving a tie-die yellow submarine with a couple of photographers and a few very athletic bloggers jogging alongside the van pointing out funny people and even stupid people that April is allergic to.
I am sorta sitting in the back of the van taking in all of this quietly, would open my mouth up once in a while to say something then closed it again like a fish out of water because it's really crazy in and out of the van with all these crazy, boring {and I say this in a very respectful and reverant way} Mormon mommies and some non-Mormon cool ladies, all speaking-laughing-pointing fingers-at once so of course when someone is sitting in the back of a submarine van, no one else can hear that person saying anything, right?
Oh did I mention that Crash's very apostate {her exact description} brother is cycling along the van also with some of the very healthy looking ladies? I think she even have her very cynical to romance Austrian student who is now addicted to blogging surfing on the roof of the van and another blogger dude somewhere in the van, can't really see him with all these buzz in the van. How cool is that eh?
This is such a fun trip with the van stopping all over the different states picking up bloggers and of course trash on the highway because Crash is all about good cause, mind you, and we ended up yesterday at the inauguration of the new President of the U.S. It was a momentous day in American History because yesterday, the first African American {ok, so he's half white} was sworn in as the new President. See, that's where the trip got a little sticky. There were mixed emotions about this particular moment because not every American voted for this new Pres., so those who were for him, it was a very happy go down in history day for them and those who did not vote for him, it was a very sad, emotional and probably bad day for them.
That got me thinking about this whole politics issue. Not that I'm a political person myself. The one subject I always avoid like a plague is politics...the different emotions that stirred up from this subject is just not worth the headache, as far I'm concerned. But back to my thoughts...
during that whole election time, I've heard different people with their different views on the canditates and their flatforms and of course one can always tell who a person will end up voting for by the way they talk about each canditate. I remembered when it was down to just the two canditates, McCain and Obama...those I've come in contact with would use this phrase "the lesser of the two evil" a lot, when making the decision on who to vote for.
Has U.S. fallen so badly that there are actually no really good man who can represent her that voters would chant to themselves that if they have to choose between two not so very good men, that they will have to choose the lesser of the two evils? What happen to this great nation that was once founded by such great man? Man with integrity, good morals? Do people vote for Obama and getting him win the election just for the sake of making history? And the ones who voted for McCain and wanted so badly for him to win, will he be actually able to save this country from its recent state?
I was driving my kids to school on the morning of the inauguration, listening to the radio when some lady called into the station said some things. I have to agree with her questions, want to point that out before I write what she said.
She was at the doctor's office when she overheard two other ladies saying some really mean things about the new President and the fact that he messed up on the first part of his pledge....I didn't know that part, we only watch the very last part of the speech before I had to leave the house....those ladies must have heard it because that was their irritation at the moment.
Even the guy at the radio station didn't know about it, he kept asking "He what? He messed up on his pledge? I didn't hear that, lemme go back and see it again."
Anyways, the lady who called in the radio station was upset about the whole thing she heard and said....her exact words,
"I don't think they should be talking crap at all about our new President. So they didn't vote for him and they don't like him, he's elected, he's the new President of our country. We should all pull together and give him the support he needs to run this country. We should set aside our differences and difference in opinions about our President and show him that we support him and in so doing will show the rest of the world that we stand behind our President and that our Country is still the best country in the world. The rest of the other countries don't need to see contention among ourselves. He is in office, we should give him the chance to show us what he can do. I have a son and I will show my support for our new President to help make this country an even better place to live for my son."
That was really sweet. I have to agree with her. The majority have voted and America, you have your new President now. It wouldn't do any good for this country if you don't give him all the support he needs to run this country. That saying "United, we stand, divided, we fall," totally applied at this moment. I love this country, America, I am proud to be a part of such a great nation, a great place where my children have the freedom to live a free life, to voice their opinion without fear of being shot and the freedom that women have here. I've studied countries of the world as a little girl growing up on a small island, and learning about women's worth in such countries and I did not like that one bit....I love that America has a constitution that protects people's right TO BE, to worship whenever and however they like {and blog one's brains out whenever one feels like it..LOL}. I love everything that is this great nation.
I will end there because if I go further, I might end up making it sound like a testimony and I refuse to bear my testimony on this blogasphere unless I am attending Crash's RS testimony meeting along the highway in the U.S. of A.
There....my rambling thoughts of the day. Sorry I don't have any give-aways, first kiss stories or even a stand up comedian act to give ya.
These are just thoughts going through my head these last couple of days.
P.S. If you want to win some cool prizes, go here. My friend Laura is giving away some cool prizes in honor of her Mother of the Month feature in the Family Fun magazine.
1/21/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
whew that was a long post! :) But that's kind of how I am too! ;)
I'm Canadian so I don't really have the experience of political drama but I certainly agree that as a nation standing together will get you further than a nation standing apart. that's true in any situation.
And just an fyi, the link you posted at the bottom there doesn't work.
Hey Ter, that was quick, I was kinda still fiddling with my edit stuff, maybe that's why the link is not working. I'm gonna go see what happen.
And thank you for stopping by. I got kinda sidetracked when I got started.
And yeah, I've run into some really aggressive political fanatics that emotions get thrown all over the place that even no so pleasant words were uttered so I try to stay away from it altogether.
I do try to give advice as best I can to my family...that's about all I can do.
Ok, got it fixed..thanks for fyi, Ter.
hey anjeny-
thanks for the plug.. at the very bottom...after people have already fallen asleep..
{click here}
YOU much really want the T-shirt! You are willing to mention the give-away but you don't really want to encourage anyone to actually GO THERE!
Tee hee...
I'm giving you a hard time..
:o)
really- thanks!
WOW Anjeny!!! Why would you be on the back of the bus! I need you near me to warn the others of stupid people.
Politics huh? Nuff said.
And lastly but not leastly....children at the right time...need to know that their parents are normal....so guess what, they kissed other people! Well, except for my Mia Maid teacher who didn't kiss till "over the alter". We heard about it every week. (Way to alienate a class of wild girls!)
Hey Laura, you gotta see how much I want that t-shirt..I had to try something, no? LOL
April, thanks for visiting. It's actually great to see you lighting up my place...yeah, I had to sit in the back of the van so I don't get stomped by the others what with all that excitement each is permeating. Besides, the back is the place to people watch, stupid and all..LOL.
AMEN Anjeny! (About the politcs.)
I avoid it like the plague too. Or just try to be really vague.
So that was an awesome summary of our road trip. You pay attention in class, girlfriend. You get an A+ and a star on your forehead AND you've been promoted to ride shotgun with me so you can interpret all my jokes.
Post a Comment