1/19/09

This Hobby of Mine...

I don't know if I've mentioned before but I am a big time card-maker using rubber stamp. I am actually an Independent Demonstrator for StampinUp and I have been doing this for eight years now. But I don't do this on a business level, it's more of an hobby for me that I find much satisfaction from. So much, in fact that I {and the friend who recruited me} started a group where we meet once a month and exchange cards where my friend and I took turn demonstrating a new technique. I loved it so much that when I met Swirl, I just had to invite her to come join our group. And it's been always fun to watch her enthusiasm when she's making cards, she's got an incredible talent.





Anyway, our next card exchange is scheduled for the last Saturday of February. We always had a theme for each month and for next month, our theme is BABY. This is the card I will be exchanging at our card group. I copied the idea from Dawn at Dawn's Studio. I used a circle scallop bunch to cut out the body of the sheep and a five petal flower punch to make the feet and the ears and face. Isn't it cute? This is the girl version...I ran out of blue paper so I will be making some blue ones later.


Very simple yet absolutely adorable, if I do say so myself.





I am especially looking forward to February because there's going to be Regional Seminar for StampinUp here in Hawaii.





Because I usually do this as a hobby, I don't usually earn enough points to go on the conventions that were held on the mainland and never make it to the cruises. So because of that, I look forward to the seminars that are held here in Hawaii. This will be the third time I attend {the last two times were so much fun} I don't want to miss out on this one.

{I love this card on the right, it's called a spinner card...the dragonfly actually move from one corner to the next.}







Today I spent most of my afternoon playing with the supplies I have to create some fun cards. There will be card {card face} swap at the seminar so I was trying to come up with something that wouldn't take too long to make, fun, easy yet a "wow" card at the same time.

















{This is a bag-a-lope. I used an envelope to make it into a bag. That's what it looks like opened...above picture}


Well, several days ago, I was surfing the net, or stalking the bloggasphere and reading posts

when I stumbled upon this blog and saw her card making challenge. She's an incredible woman who had lost her baby and husband all in one year. Her story is very sad and I really admire her for the courage she has and the brave way she comes up with things to help her cope with her day. I love her challenge so this card is made specifically for her card making challenge. I hope she likes it.



Her card challenge for this week is tag card. Because her sites are mostly about her teddies, represent her hubby and baby, I thought the teddy bear would be appropriate. And I'm sure everyone who know her would agree with the saying on the tag, that's why I use it. I actually have so much fun making these cards...not all my ideas but it's always fun to take someone's idea and play with it a little, add a little embellishments here and there and make it a great work of arts. That's what I love about this hobby.

I can't wait to see what the other ladies have for our next swap. I am also anxious to see meet all the other demonstrators here in Hawaii and get new ideas from the seminar.

Alright, it's already late here so I need to get off and get some sleep.

3 comments:

Ter said...

Thank you for joining my card challenge! The biggest challenge of all is for me to do the cards, so having you all as inspiration is awesome!

Thank you also for your kind words about my situation. Just to clarify, it was actually 3 years between my daughter and my husband, but some days time stands still and it feels like it happened all at once.

Looking forward to seeing your upcoming cards! You did a great job and I especially like the teddy bear, of course! :)

Jo said...

Welcome to the card challenge! I have to say that seeing the bear on the card for the challenge brought tears to my eyes. I knew why you chose the bear, even before I read your explanation.

I "met" Ter shortly after I lost my own daughter, through an online support group. She and I lost our babies the same year.

She truly is an inspiration.

Welcome, again, to the card challenge! Looking forward to seeing more cards from you :)

Anjeny said...

Thank you Ter and Jo for the welcome into your card challenge. Since I read Ter's blog and the card challenge I have been thinking about the card I wanted to make for this week's challenge.
I've been collecting all kinds of scrapbooking kit, card making stuff so I was going through some of my stuff yesterday and when found the teddy bear sticker, I knew I just had to make a card using it.
I'm so glad you liked it Ter. I'm sorry about the mixed up on the time of passing for ur hubby and baby.
Jo, I'm sorry for your loss also. Thank you both for sharing your story. I do look forward to making more cards for Ter's challenge. It's always a great thing to share what I love with people who share the same interest.
Thanks ladies...you're the best!!