Do you know that toothpaste is not just for cleaning or brushing teeth? It's true, I discovered today that there is another very useful thing you can use toothpaste on besides brushing your teeth. You want to know what it is?
Well today, in lieu of my new blog make-over, I decided to do a little house cleaning while I waited for the designer to install my new do. I started walking around the house and I notice something. My walls are disgustingly filthy. There were dirt built up, crayon and permanent marker marks all over my walls and the doors. All the walls in my house are in shades of white, off-white and pure white. So you can visualize what the walls and the doors look like with all these filthy crimy marks, right?
I can't believe it. Where have I been all this time that my walls were being totally abused like this? So, I got out my cleaning rags, some cleaning solutions and attacked the walls. And this is where I found this discovery. I had the hardest time getting the crayon marks off the walls and doors. Who did I run to for help? Yep, that's right, Mr. Google himself.
I had to ask him for help...and guess what? He suggested I tried toothpaste to clean the crayon marks off my walls and doors. I was skeptical, it sounded kinda dumb, so I started out very reluctantly. And guess what? It worked like magic. The crayon marks came off with amazing ease. You can imagine my excitement. I ended up cleaning every visible walls in the house along with all the doors. Who would've thought? I've already been buying toothpaste in bulk...now my bulk is going to be bulkier.
This is such a great find and it came at just the perfect time. My two year old is really fascinated with colors...she's constantly getting into my cosmetics and my stamp pads. She not only play make up on herself but on any surface she can reach. And so whenever she gets crayons in her hand....yep, you can quess where that little hand will be drawing her next creation. So, I am totally going to be ready for her...LOL.
Well, after I finished cleaning the walls, I was sooo excited about the end results that I rounded up the kids after school and gave my house a total deep cleaning. Now, I'm not the kind of person who likes housecleaning but when I do get into the mood, which is very rare, I can be a real freak about it.
Now, I just can't help but sit and bask in my gleaming white walls...LOL...and clean house. Yeah I know, come tomorrow morning, the house is going back to it's messy state but at least now I can just enjoy it while it last.
Oh by the way...notice the new look? I just love this new blog make over, I love everything about it. If you like this new look, leave a comment about it. You can also check out the designer on my left sidebar...she does such great work. And her prizes are totally generous. Thanks Erin...you're the best!!

5 comments:
Your makeover is fantastic, it's impressive - it was great before but now its KAPAI, tu meke, all good.
Enjoy your clean up, its a good feeling having a blitz from time to time
Anjeny your makeover is sooo cute! I love it. I"m so glad you have clean walls now, thank goodness for google!
love the new bloggy design!!!
And I wish I would get into a huge clean-freak-mode. lol Goodness knows my house needs it!
ANJENY!!!! I love love love ... did I say.. LOVE the site! It is so fun and fresh and happy and tropical.. and adorable.. all rolled into one!
So- cute!
Love it!
Hello ladies...thanks so much for visiting.
Sandi!! wowowow...you grazed my blog...I feel soo honored..LOL. I am totally happy to see you.
Ter...you are so loyal. I'm always happy to see you and read your comments. You make me feel extra special. Yeah this cleaning mode will go away in a day or so. But it's ok, as long as my house stay clean for a lil bit, I'm happy.
Granny...that is so sweet what you said about my before and after blog look. And I am still enjoying my little blitz...it is nice to be in a clean house for once..LOL.
Laura!!! I have missed you, silly. I know you would love the new look. You should have seen me when I first saw the preview...I was beside myself. That's why I'm on this cleaning freak mode...LOL. I am glad you love it. It is cute, isn't it? eheheh.
Ladies, I do agree with you. I LOVE this new look. I just can't seem to stay away from it. Even my kids love it too.
Post a Comment