2/25/09

Don't You Hate It When...

Don't you hate it when you're talking to your friend about something that you thought was worth sharing, for you to drive all the way to her house or picking up the phone in the middle of your hectic day to tell her and right in the middle of all that rambling you completely without warning forgot what you were about to say?

Yeah, that happens to me all the time.

I'll be going through my day, then one of the kids said or did something that I thought was either really cute or funny and I called up my friend or went to see her and we'll be chatting up a storm and then I started to tell her about the cutest thing one of my kids did or said and of course, I have to insert some explanations in there somewhere to avoid the questions that comes later like why or how and then just as I was about to mention what it was I am building my story up to, I have completely forgotten what I was talking about. And then I have come up with some lame conclusion and you can soooo tell that the conversation was cut short because I was too embarrassed to admit that I have forgotten what I was about to say; and then I went home and remembered what I was meaning to say but by then it would be too stupid or lame to call the friend back just to finish up what I was saying earlier.

And then don't you hate it that because you no longer can call the friend back to finish up what you wanted to say, you thought you'd just wait for the hubby to come home so you could share what you wanted to say in the first place and then as soon as he walked in the door and of course your excitement has been bubbling up to where you were ready to burst that you started talking him up a storm and then he kept interrupting you to ask "what's for dinner?" that you fell in the same dilemma and forgot again what you have been dying to say all day?

Ok, so I know I read it somewhere before that said everytime a woman has a baby, she loses little of her memory and the more kids she has, the more she loses, so of course having seven kids by now, I'm bound to lose little of my memory seven times, maybe I should add seven times seventy seven, which I'm kinda ok with as long as I don't have serious memory losses til I'm in my old age....

but hello!!! I'm forgetting things I'm saying right in the middle of my conversation and I'm only in my 30's, sheeeesh. Will somebody shoot me or point me to the nearest convalescent home? I might as well check myself in since I am having a hard time remembering part of my own conversation.

Yep, I really really hate it when I forget what I am saying right in the middle of a conversation.

BTW, this is my first attempt at Don't You Hate When contest that Shelle is hosting at her site and I am giddy with excitement to finally get that little tidbit out of my system.

Aight, I need to get off now, been spending so much time on here, hubby is threatening to take away my pc...LOL...that would be something, wouldn't it? Said I'm neglecting my wifely and motherly duties, what is else is new? LOL.

6 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Anjeny you are so funny...I totally do that ALL.THE.TIME!!! No lie, I hate it. But I usually just say, "I totally forgot where I was going with that!"

It's funny...

We would get a long SOOOO well in REAL LIFE!

TisforTonya said...

I usually just own up to the forgetfulness... blaming it fully on the mother brain syndrome...

Of course, since I have to do this DAILY I'm afraid everyone is becoming weary of my 1/2 stories :)

LBBlum said...

Oh dear... what was I going to say?

darn..

Ter said...

I was about to say something, it was right on the tip of my tongue, darn it, what was it? Oh jeez. I totally forgot!

Anjeny said...

Aw Shelle, we would definitely get along well in real life. Sometimes I did say I forgot to what I was going to say but only after about two or three attempt at it..but really it is really embarrassing to forget what I meant to say right in the middle of my conversation. I love this contest of yours..loads of fun.

T..that's very clever of you, I will start doing that.

Swirl and Ter...very funny. In fact so funny I forgot what I was going to say to you..eheheh.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I totally agree about the kids and memory loss, although I am convinced that it has more to do with sleep deprivation that the number of kids you have. I think my three kids have managed to drive me stark raving mad.