This whole week is Drug Free week for the Elementary School my kids attend. Everyday of this week, they have different topics and activities that they do, for example;
Tuesday-"Being Drug Free comes in cans-I can, you can". For that day, students go to school with any can food item to donate to Hawaii's Food Bank that will then be given to those in need.
Wednesday-"Drugs don't make CENTS". This is the day where students bring money to donate to these different entities {Jump Rope for Heart (American Heart Association), Cancer Walk (American Cancer Society), Pennies for Patients P4P (Leukemia Society), and MADD}.
Thursday-"Give Drugs the Slip Day", "Sock It to Drug Day", "Boot Our Drugs Day", "Tie Down Drugs", "Hats off against Drug Day", "Shade our Drugs", "Turn Your Back on Drugs". Today the students can wear slippers, socks, boots, ties, hats, sunglasses, and clothes backwards.
Friday-"Band Against Drugs" Students will make circles and in unison recite "Let's Band Against Drugs" five times starting off very softly and by the fifth time very LOUD. And then they will be picking up a red balloon from the field and then stomp on the balloons to pop representing them stomping drugs out of their lives.
Anyways, my kids were especially excited about today's Drug Free. My six year old was the most excited...he had his shorts, shirt, hat backwards and even carry his backpack backwards. It was really fun watching him giving me the thumbs up {backwards style meaning thumbs down} whenever I would ask him how he's doing. My eleven year old went to school with his shirt backwards and a tie. They must have been dying to do everything opposite of the norm.
Before we left the house, I put on these shorts that were a little on the tight side and my 17 year old bibed up and said, "Mom, I can see your camel's toe. You should change your shorts."
I responded, "Absolutely not! I am going to be sitting in the house all day, who cares about my camel toe and who will be looking at it?"
"It's embarrassing mom, we will be looking at it whenever we look at you." Gee, the nerve. She got her dad involved and between the two of them, I was on the losing side. But being the rebel that I am, instead of changing my shorts, I took one my hubby's t-shirts that's a lot bigger than me and put it on so it completely cover that camel's toe they are both worried about, sheesh. {I know, too much information to share.}
So while I was driving them off to school, I saw a couple of College Professors riding bikes to work and that reminded me of something my hubby was ranting about yesterday so I just had to do it, couldn't pass up the opportunity.
So I called him on the phone and told him I just saw a couple of drug dealers/druggies entering BYUH. I didn't think he got the joke. So I had to point out to him what I meant. I was kinda mocking him but he didn't really get it. Why was I mocking him? I like to tease him sometimes. I especially like to throw things he said previously back at him. See, yesterday when he came home for lunch, the guy he hired to help paint our house GRAY was talking to some guy outside our gate and right away that bothered my hubby a great deal. Right off the bat, he was suspicious of the guy outside our gate and he came in the house and was raving about how the guy must be a drug dealer or a druggie.
My hubby said to me, "you can tell that guy is druggie".
Me: Aw come on, you can't tell just by looking at a person, what makes you think he is?
Hubby: Well, for one, he's a middle aged man, and riding a bike with a backpack, clearly you can tell there's nothing in that backpack but drugs.
I know, I don't see the reasoning so I just let him rant and rave off some more. So when I saw the professors on their bikes this morning with their backpacks, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to throw that back at my hubby to see what his reaction would be. He acted like he clearly did not understand what I was saying til I had to remind him of our conversation yesterday. His response then was "Oh, I see. Thank you for telling me that."
My hubby and I just love teasing each other and see who can out-mock the other one. Hope y'all have a great Thursday and remember "Drug is BAD!!" LOL

6 comments:
Camel's toe? I'm so lost.
LOL...I guess it's another way of saying the crotch is showing or something like that. eheheh And I meant to say camel toe.
Anjeny you just crack me up- I think your husband should definitely appreciate your humor a little bit more :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog Anjeny! I'm glad you are enjoying your design. Yours has been one of my favorites to design so far. :)
I'm glad your kids had fun dressing up. Its kinda sad that they have to learn about drugs so young.
I know uh Eliza. But I guess it's good in a way, makes them more aware though.
Post a Comment