Yep, I'm hooked on it I tell ya. Hooked, line & sinker.
I am staying up right now waiting for a show on TV that I am totally hooked on. It's not even an English speaking show, can you believe it?
I am hooked on Korean, I repeat, Korean show. There are two right now I'm hooked on. One comes on every night at 10:30 P.M. for half an hour called "Daughter-in-Law" and the other one comes on every Wednesday and Thursday night at 9:30 called "Aquarius". So now every Wednesday and Thursday night I am watching a total of two hours worth of Korean show.
Do I speak Korean, you're wondering? A big resounding NO, I don't speak Korean. The show is in Korean but there's English subtitle so I am reading while I'm watching. It's funny because I used to make fun of my friend who watches it all the time and now I'm watching it. I can't help it though. The plots of the shows are really good. All that backstabbing, betrayal, revenge and of course total devotion and love. When do Koreans get to be so good at making attention getting shows?
I have been staying up late these last few nights watching these shows that lately I have been getting up late in the morning and taking my kids to school late. I was usually so good at getting them to school early because they like eating breakfast at school but lately, we would be lucky if we make it there just in time for the first bell. Pathetic, huh?
Yet, tonight's another night and it's a little past nine p.m. and I am sitting up waiting for the clock to turn to ten thirty so I can watch my show. And while I am waiting, I am tapping my foot on the floor counting the seconds down and shooting dagger look at my hubby and sending him the clear message in my eyes that says, it's time for you to go to bed already so I can have the TV all to myself.
Seriously, this is so bad that when I am watching and anyone so much as make a noise or talk to me during the show, I am ready to scratch their eyeballs out. I guess it's a good thing it's not during regular hours. I would hate to see what kinds of cruel things I would inflict upon my family just so I can watch a favorite show....LOL.
Total worse...I now got my 17 year old daughter hooked on this show too, so that she is now staying up late to watch it and therefore getting to school late too. And my two year old....she goes around singing the intro song to the show. And when we're watching and commercial comes on and I change the channel, she yells out, "PUT IT BACK!" Can anyone say "therapy"? Cuz that's what she's going to need when she gets older.
Well, after saying all this, I will get off and claim my spot on the couch and total ownership of the remote control for the next hour or so. But if any of you feel like poking fun at me, remember how round the world is...that's all I'm going say about that. LOL
{PS. I am Crash's follower of the week. I was trying so hard to be inconspicuous, sitting in the back of the yellow submarine van but now she has shown her spotlight on me. I feel so special and shy at the same time, but I guess I can't throw M&Ms at the rest of the bloggers in front of me in the van anymore, huh?...LOL. jk}
2/3/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
lol
you could always tape the show? ;)
I've never heard of Korean t.v. shows, but now that I think about it a little. They must have t.v. in their part of the world too.
I totally yell at my family too, when they interupt my shows! HEE HEE!
Lol..Ter, good point. I can't believe that never even crossed my mind.
Hi Eliza, welcome and thanks for visiting. Yeah it's just something I've discovered. They actually have really good Korean shows.
Isn't funny that sometimes our shows can get us soo tuned into it that any interuption is a nuisance?
I think subtitles are really distracting. Even when the show is in English and the subtitles are in a different language, I find myself reading more than watching.
I second the comments about interrupting my shows. It's like you don't even exist if you try talking to me while I'm watching TV.
Anjeny, I would totally watch those shows with you!
And really, you are just exposing your kids to another culture, and that's a good thing, right?
Congrats on being follower of the week! Just throw the m&m's from the front at the people in the back - no one will expect it!!
Hi Sara, thanks for the comment. You're right about the subtitles being distracting..I've done it so much now I've gotten really good at it. Sometimes I can even know what the next line would be from reading the previous line.
Hey Val..yay!! I got me a fellow Korean show watcher. Make urself comfy and I'll go sneak some caramel pop corn out of Swirl's kitchen. I'll even steal some of Crash's comfy bean bags..LOL.
And you are soooo right. I am exposing my kids to another culture, I am sooo glad you are seeing it my way. I like you, I'm gonna be stalking you like a creep...eheheh...in a good way though.
Hey congratulations! You're sitting in the front seat now sistah! we're throwing M&M's at you... except mine are the skittles.. you know I don't like chocolate.
hey thanks for the panda punches at whipup... you always got my back!
Anytime sis..LOL. I think I'm now getting some whipping over there..LOL. I'm not worried, I'm going to get a good night sleep and go over there tomorrow with some boxing gloves. LOL
At least now I know who's skittles been rolling off of my hair..eheheh.
Don't feel guilty about the two-yr old...think of it as teaching her a new language/read early! She has to follow along with the subtitles!!!
Keep throwing those M&M's gf!!!
Thanks April. That would be really cool huh? Me, having a Korean speaking kid..eheheh.
Glad to see you up and about..LOL.
So I am the biggest Korean drama fan... glad to see I'm not the only one! It's funny because when I meet Koreans, i really know nothing about the culture except for kalbi and the dramas and then I'll attempt to talk to them in Korean like I know the language, but of course the only words I really know are the ones I hear over and over again in the dramas..... they just give the weirdest looks! LOL!
My all time favorite.. Ruler of you own world... i love it!
LOL. I know, it's so weird how I just got hooked on it like that. But I really love the drama...I mean I can see who's the villain, what they're doing yet I am on the edge, can't wait to see what will happen to the villains once they are found out.
Thanks for stopping by IWA.
Congrats on your spotlight!! I'm hosting an Aloha give away full of special treats. Blog on over and let me know if I am forgetting anything ;)
I had a Japanese roomate who had a Japanese drama she always watched. It didn't have subtitles, but I still got sucked into it!
Post a Comment