2/1/09

Week #5 Card Challenge


Here's my card for this week's challenge. I used white embossing powder on yellowish shade of paper called so safron and cut it out and then mound it on regal rose cardstock and put a regal rose brad in the middle of the flower.
I have another bigger silver brad attached below the flower with ribbon. I just stamp flowers and leaves all over the card. I love this stamp set I used, it's called embrace life.
This is actually an explosion card...when you pull on the string attached to the silver brad, it opened up to look like the card on the right. It's really fun to make this one.

15 comments:

Ter said...

wow that is an awesome card! I may just have to go to Hawaii so I can learn how to make this card?? How's that for an excuse to go to Hawaii?

(I"m still bitter that I was invited to go when I was 9 but mom wouldn't let me go!)

Jo said...

Great card! I love how it opens. Yeah... I'm not quite THAT creative! LOL!!!

So glad you are keeping up with the challenge... invite everyone you know too... anyone can join at any time :)

Anjeny said...

Ter, that would be the best excuse to come to Hawaii. And of course, don't forget all the sun soaking you can get while here...lol. I'm sorry you missed out on the opportunity to come before. Maybe it might be something you can do in the near future.

Jo, you are so sweet. I made this card and showed it to my kids and they just wouldn't give it back, kept opening and closing it..silly kids. LOL

Alyson | New England Living said...

You're so crafty! So cute.

Anjeny said...

Yay!! Alyson ventured out this way to check out my crafty work..eheheh. Good to see ya Aly and thanks. This is one of my many obsessions...LOL.

LBBlum said...

I love the card!
I'm swapping someone on SCS to get this set!
Love it!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful card! I love the way it opens. tfs! :)

Anjeny said...

Thanks Sarah. Yeah, I think of all the cards I've made, this is probably one of my favorite one. I love pop up cards so this was really fun to make.

Laura, aren't you going to buy one from our catalog? Oh wait, what are you going to be swapping? I think I need to buy me my own set since I used this more now.

My Diary said...

super pretty, great work.

MakingChanges said...

Seriously Great card. I think my would just simply explode instead of opening all cool-like. Impressive handy work!

ps- jumped over from Crash! Might be addicted to ya now, sorry!

J. Baxter said...

Whoa. That looks really cute, but unfortunately I don't speak "Craft" (or do anything else native to that strange and mysterious country) so I will not be attempting this.

Instead, I'll just admire yours.

Anjeny said...

Oh wow...I have My Diary, Youngblood and Jen visiting me. Aww, I don't know what to say. Thanks ladies for the compliments.

Youngblood, I'll take addicted over allergic...eheh. Thank you for joining my follower list. I had to laugh when you said yours would just explode...my first cards were a real eye sore.

Jen, you are doing pretty good on the crafty lingo..eheh. Thanks for admiring my handiwork.

Thank you My Diary also for visiting.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey, I get to be comment #13. You so deserve the attention and you know it! You've earned it.

LY

Hey your verifier says subsess

You are having success on the sub. ha ha

Anjeny said...

Crash, you are funny. Most people usually run like helk when they see the number 13, me included, but you...you go chasing it all over the bloggasphere..eheh.

Thanks for stopping by and bringing all these peeps here..you are the BEST!!

The Songer said...

THat card is awesome.....