2/24/09

Look what I was doing on Saturday....

This past Saturday I attended a regional seminar for StampinUp at the Honolulu Convention Center. My friend Joce, who was also my upline, drove us down there. We had loads of fun meeting the other StampinUp demonstrators from Hawaii and doing what we love.

Here we were showing off our name badges. The co-founder of StampinUp signed our name tags so we thought it would be great to show it off, of course you can't really see the signatures on there, but it's ok.



Here are some pictures I took at the seminar:

One of the demonstrators made these and put them on display. These are neclaces, earrings and bracelets. Can you look closely and tell what those jewelries are made out of?


Yep, they are made out of sprite and coke can and soda tops. Isn't that creative? This demonstrator is actually a guy so can you picture his wife's jewelry box? I mean this is really creative and I never thought to do something like this but it's not something I will be wearing. Of course, everyone has their own taste, right?

Below are some poster board that are on display of all the different cards you can make from certain stamps. They had these boards cover the back of the room and they are all beautiful but I thought I'd just pick out a few to show off.
It was really fun to see all these different ideas that different people can come with using the same stamp.




Now, for this card, I'm entering in Ter's card challenge for this week. The front of the card says "Celebrate" and when you open it up, those three bears pop out. They are actually surfing. I thought this would be a really good masculine card and very fitting for where I live, don't you think?

I didn't make this card but I just love it. I am big fan of pop-up cards so when one of the demonstrators demo this at the regional I just had to see it and take picture of it. Now I just want to buy the stamp set and play with it. I really love the pop-out idea so I will be making some pop up cards soon.




We had some make & takes and this is one of the cards I made to take home. This one is a mini card folder.
On the left is what it looks when it's closed and on the right is what it looks when opened. There are three mini envelopes and three mini note cards inside the folder.


The is a picture of the other three cards I made to take home. They were very simple but really cute. I used a sizzlix with StampinUp's newest addition, Big Shot, which is a dye cut machine to make the flower on the blue card. The other two cards, I used water color technique using water color crayon. A very fun technique and it is just perfect since I will be demonstrating this very technique on our next card swap.


We also did swap at the seminar, not full cards but face cards which is ideal for future card making ideas. This is my bundle I took home with me. I just love getting different ideas from other people who share the same interest as me. These come in very handy for when I run out of ideas and time, I can just grap these and add folded backing to them I got me some very creative and beautiful cards.



And of course, there was no way I was going to leave the seminar without taking picture of me with the Co-Founder and full owner of StampinUp.


I had a really great time. The seminar started from 8 in the morning and ended at 4 p.m. and I was sitting at our table the whole time stamping, chatting and watching all the different demonstrations yet when the time came for us to leave, I felt like I was there for just a few minutes. It is definitely true when people say time flies when one's having fun and that's how I feel when I'm either making cards or hanging out with my card swap group.


StampinUp's Statement of the Heart that I live by {best as I can}: To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments......in this we make a difference.

This is so true. I had a really good experience, I learned a great deal more and I came home feeling refreshed and excited to create more.





3 comments:

Jo said...

Love your card challenge card!!! I still haven't finished mine... had friends here for the weekend and just haven't gotten to it yet.

That Coke and Pepsi jewelry is too cute! I wonder how she got the can tabs hooked together?? Cool!!!

Jo

Ter said...

I love the bears, of course!!

I'm way behind and I'm the hostess of the card challenge!

LBBlum said...

green with envy!
how fun!
Faith told me you guys had a blast...